View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 04:53 AM

Default Re: track metering does not show panning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
So i've been searching all day for a way to get post pan metering.. i was sure i was just missing something.. it turns out you can't? really?

This is frustrating.

What is it about daw devs that find an issue with post pan metering? I do not get it.. it's the same in S1.. and motu actually removed it in DP9.5, after years of it being post pan! Now it's pre pan, and they have advertised it as a feature!

So what am i missing? Am i that dumb for wanting post pan metering, so i can see the stereo interaction as far as volume level goes, on a per track basis?

I know the work around is to use a pan plugin.. but really Avid.. give me a break.. pro tools has proper panners unlike most daws and those that use balance pots.. and i want to be able to meter them..

PLEASE give us this simple option!

obviously there is a uses for pre pan metering, otherwise so many daw's wouldn't offer it, or in some cases such as Avid, make it mandatory.. but i have absolutely no need for pre pan metering..

anyone else with me?
Why do you want a meter to show you what the Pan knob already is? That's the entire point of the knob, to adjust and show pan position.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.