View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 02:09 AM

Default Re: can not maximize pro tools window???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpridx View Post
Well, that wasn't really the answer I was hoping for, but I do get where you're coming from. However, there are times when I need to take a break from a session - especially a fairly long one - and it isn't exactly convenient to be going for the Task Manager every time I need maximize Pro Tools. In a world where some of us need to multi-task for various reasons throughout our daily routines, it really makes no sense why a quirk such as this one tends to exist in Pro Tools. While I'm undoubtedly a newcomer to Pro Tools, I'm a long-time veteran with other DAW programs, and I have yet to encounter a problem such as this one with any of them. I'm obviously not alone, either, especially when considering why this thread was started in the first place.
In a world where some of us need to multi-task for various reasons throughout our daily routines ...

I understand that, but you have to understand that Pro Tools doesn't care.

Pro Tools has certain expectations regarding its "environment", and that's what you have to live with. It is because of these "environment demands" that Pro Tools has the performance/stability needed in high-end professional operations, which is why it's the "industry standard"...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh