View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 10:21 PM

Default Re: can not maximize pro tools window???

I have to chime in here and say "me too" on PT 11. Occasionally, but not always, I can re-size by clicking and holding on the icon, which then becomes thumbnail size, at which I click on the "x" in the upper right corner of the thumbnail, which then gives a "cancel" option which works sometimes. And sometimes not. If not, I first "Control/S" to save my session files then take the exit option and quit Pro Tools, then re-start. Most embarrassing in the middle of a session with 5 or 6 musicians on the edge of a hot take.
It always comes about when I minimize to make adjustments in Universal Audio's "Console" which governs monitor levels from my Apollo. I have learned not to minimize PT, but instead to simply drag the window aside then click on Console, making what adjustments I need to there and then reversing the procedure to get back to PT. But sometimes I forget.
Still, I wish it didn't happen. All in all, less than endearing. Really, about the only glitch I have experienced in PT that's not self-induced.