View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 12:25 PM

Default Re: can not maximize pro tools window???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
As Benoni asked early on, "Just wondering, why do you need to minimize Pro Tools?"

Having other programs running when you are using Pro Tools is asking for problems.

You especially do not want to have a web browser open when you are using Pro Tools...browsers are memory hogs.

Having any program that can play audio open when you are using Pro Tools is a recipe for disaster.

When you put on your big boy software, you have to work like a big boy...
Well, that wasn't really the answer I was hoping for, but I do get where you're coming from. However, there are times when I need to take a break from a session - especially a fairly long one - and it isn't exactly convenient to be going for the Task Manager every time I need maximize Pro Tools. In a world where some of us need to multi-task for various reasons throughout our daily routines, it really makes no sense why a quirk such as this one tends to exist in Pro Tools. While I'm undoubtedly a newcomer to Pro Tools, I'm a long-time veteran with other DAW programs, and I have yet to encounter a problem such as this one with any of them. I'm obviously not alone, either, especially when considering why this thread was started in the first place.