View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:53 AM

Default PT 11 buss issues/efficiency?

I got the PT11 upgrade when it came out and have been playing with it a bit. Yesterday I decided to write a song on it, since I have Waves, Stylus and SoundToys all in AAX format. I created a drum track in Stylus, just copying and pasting sections till I got about 3 minutes of stuff I liked. Then I recorded 3 or 4 bass tracks, fiddling till I got a keeper. I did this at a buffer size of 32. Next I set up some busses with reverb and echo for my melody parts, created a mono audio track and added sends to the FX busses. All is good and I record about a dozen tracks until I got a nice melody and solo. All this played well at 32, even with the FX plugins.

Then I decided to setup some submix aux tracks and buss my drums and melodies to them. As soon as I created the submixes I was unable to get PT to play without throwing errors and stopping, even at 1024! This is how I normally work and this as been fine in all previous versions of PT.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? It looks like an issue with bussing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...

Last edited by climber; 09-12-2013 at 04:05 AM.