View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:18 AM

Default Re: CORE AUDIO Driver please...

The CORE DRIVER, omg, yes, and thatīs def not only a HD Native, HD legacy etc. issue but has been a really 003(R) problem since PT10. Actually it temporarily had been working for the period of one update version (10.3.1) but went down on the latest (10.3.2) again. Itīs well said that itīs not used in most cases to substitute PT itself but for important other stages in the music production process as mastering or reference etc. If we will be able to use the Core Driver for the other apps too, I guess, there will be no reason for us ever to buy other non Avid audio interfaces which could lead us finally to use other DAWs too. To me personally there def ainīt a better DAW than PT out there but if I would finally have to buy another audio interface e.g. from Apogee, RME etc., just to make the mastering and reference stuff work (interfaces which are originally made to work better with other DAWs, Logic with Apogee for example), I seriously would consider finally to change to Logic too. Just to have a complete reliable professionally working system. And I would not wait for any future Avid hardware when I would have to use the other apps at that time.
But I have written many threads concerning this subject already, just hoping, Avid will not forget about us! Also because me actually love Avid stuff, from Hardware to PT! We will see.
Thanks for listening, all the best everybody,

cheers, VRW