View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 09:41 PM

Default Re: 12.8.3 crashes on install - Mac 10.12.6

Thanks Darryl, I trashed Prefs but still no good .

Here is a more detailed description of whats happening.

Upon initial pro tools 12.8.3 , start up procedure ..., ie;

- during when the plugins are being loading into pro tools - ie; upon pro tools initial start procedure ,

This plugin load up stage gets interrupted by a pop up window from avid stating : 2 fatal error messages from avid .

listing :

- 'tube-tech CL1B'
- 'UVI Workstation' .., both of which also informs me I must contact the software publisher.

The Full error message from Avid reads exactly this ..., (same for UVI)

" FATAL ERROR TUBE-TECH CL1b ,
Tubetech CL1B could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.
Error Details : TSS : Resource Temporarily unavailable"

NOTE : after I press the OK button which is contained within in the message window,
Then Pro Tools itself - Then Crashes (which was in it's mid startup/ plug in load up stage) ?

PS : BTW, Both those problematic plugins were the absolute latest versions available. They also both previously worked fine in pro Tools 12.8.2 ?

I am using :
- Mac OS = 10.12.6

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

#1 : NEXT - TROUBLESHOOTING ... (after again trashing PREFS)

I Moved those 2 plugins that had the fatal messages (ie; UVI workstation, and softube's tube-tech CL1B) into the unused folder
Result = Pro Tools seemed to load the plugins OK, 'up to' those starting with the letter 'T' (ie; alphabetically 'before' the tube-tech CL1B)

BUT ...., then pro tools crashed (showing the unexpected crash message, which asked me to send a log to AVID)

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

#2 : NEXT ... (after again trashing PREFS)

I moved ALL PLUGINS .., to the Unused plugins folder
Result = Pro Tools managed to open (so far so good)

__________________________________________________ ____________________

#3 : NEXT ... (after again trashing PREFS)

I Moved All Plugins alphabetically back into the AAX Folder ..., "starting from plugins beginning with the letter 'A' , and all others up to those beginning with the letter 'T' , but stopping before the 'Tube-tech CL1B plugin ' (which was the previous problematic plugin that triggered the fatal message - so kept that one and UVI Workstation in the unused folder - and ALL others after the letter 'T' still remain in the unused folder ) ,

Result = yes AGAIN pro tools managed to open (so far so good)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

#4 : NEXT ... (Now that pro tools opens with all plugins loaded up to the problematic 'TUBE-TECH CL1B' ) ....,

I moved the REMAINING Plugins after the TUBE-TECH CL1b - back into the AAX Folder "EXCEPT" ...,

- UVI Workstation (That previously triggered the Avid Fatal error message) & ,
- TUBE-TECH CL1b (I kept both these in the unused folder)

...., and then opened Pro Tools/ started up pro tools.

Result = yes pro tools managed to open (so far so good)

The WEIRD thing : is this method worked - but STEP # 1 did not work ? (ie; when I added those problematic 2 plugins to the unused folder back in step # 1) ?

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

# 5 : NEXT ...,

I have sent off support requests to UVI and to Softube .., so I will await their reply

Anyway , once again
Thank you for your help Darryl , much appreciated ,

..., and

Merry Xmas

To you, and to all the helpful members here in this community
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 12-22-2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: typos