View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 06:57 PM

Default 12.8.3 crashes on install - Mac 10.12.6

Hi Guys .
Trying to install Pro Tools Vanilla 12.8.3 ,
- on my Mac Pro running OX10.12.6.

It's a fresh install BTW , with everything updated to latest versions.

Problem :

My Pro Tools 12.8.3 Installer crashes during install when the plugins try to load up

All seems to go well loading almost all of my plugins, but crashes when trying to load ,
- one of my soft tube compressor plugins,
- UVI workstation .

Just before the installer crashes : An AVID error message window pops up comes up telling me I need to contact the developers of those Plugins (ie; UVI & Softube) ?

I know there is nothing wrong with both these latest version plugins, nor are they corrupted .., as they were both worked fine in the previous Pro tools version 12.8.2

I do also feel I shouldn't be need to contact the developers (ie; support) of these UVI & Softube plugins - as it sounds to me like the problem lies with Pro Tools 12.8.3 ?

NOTE : I even moved those two plugins to the unused plugin folder , and after doing so - even further attemps to install pro-Tools 12.8.3 I still keep having their installer crash time and time again

Is anyone else seeing this install problem or have any recommendations ?
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 12-21-2017 at 07:19 PM.