View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 02:27 PM

Default Re: New iMac i7 successfully running PT 8.0.3 (so far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooce View Post
**I'm hoping that this will instill some positive thinking about the new iMacs having issues with PT8 and the Mbox series.**

Yesterday I got PT8 running on my new iMac i7:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...=261596&page=6

Today I spent about an hour testing my setup (nothing intensive yet) and the only issue I had was when I opened the first session, and hit the space bar to play the session, both the stop and play buttons in the transport illuminated, then after a couple of seconds the session began to play but the audio and video were out of sync. I then quit and saved the PT session, opened it back up and from there on it was working flawlessly.

This weekend I'll be testing use of Reason with my Mbox 2, and Reason through PT via ReWire.

So far so good!!!

-Zooce
Questions for you. I have an older PowerMac with dual processors, a Digi002 Rack unit and LE software that I believe is 7.4 (can't confirm this as I am in China) but something like that. I have a new iMac 27" and was thinking of upgrading to the latest version of LE and using it with my old Digi002 hardware. You seem to have this working for you but I have a couple of questions:

1. How did you deal with any old plug ins on your old system and getting them transferred to your iMac?

2. Doesn't Digi recommend a separate audio drive? How are you dealing with this in your new set up?

Thanks for any tips.

Paul