View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 03:56 AM

Default Re: HDX Delay comp weirdness on instrument tracks

Hi again - I just had 10 minutes to test this on our HDX system and its opened up a can of worms. Using pink noise generator on an instrument track, and a tremolator, comparing the tremolator on the instrument track vs on the aux. I used a square wave as this gave the clearest visual representation.
Using offline bounce - no difference between the two. Both in time.
Using online bounce - trem inserted on instrument track - in sync with click. trem inserted on aux - early compared to click.
recording audio onto audio track - trem inserted on instrument track - in sync with click. trem inserted on aux - early compared to click.

I've run out of time to explore further for now.
perhaps theres a preference somewhere thats affecting behaviour differently in your rig compared to mine.
But on my system, inserting the trem on the instrument track appears to work fine and is bang in time. There are various options in tremolator which affect the timing - I'm sure you've checked this, but I'm wondering if the "feel" knob has inadvertently been adjusted to push or pull?
I'm also quite alarmed that the behaviour is different comparing online and offline bounce modes.