View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 01:50 PM

Default Re: does protools ever work properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
Im new to protools but so far Ive noticed that people report endless bugs and issues. Do they ever release a version that doesn't have any?
No. No software & hardware develepor will be able to do so. Even my cars were called back a couple of times to the garage to get *what do I know* fixed.
Not to talk bout all the Software updates and bugfixes from every software & hardware company I know .... inclusive Roland when the S760/S770 came out.

I ended up being a beta tester and they sent me a second unit til I found out why *sometimes* some samples/parts were not triggered though the midi signal went in correct .... and so on and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
I don't really get why people put up with it. Shouldn't these things all be tested before its released. Seems like pro tools is quite unstable generally.
They are tested. And so far PT10 works great over here and is far away from being unstable - I have nothing to complain .... yet ... knock on wood
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8