Thread: DigiDelivery
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 07:51 PM

Default Re: DigiDelivery

What I understand from the online info is that you buy this server and then you can send data (a single folder or a single file) to anyone you want and the data is encrypted for the transfer. There is a price differentiation between the servers for the # accounts that can send data, storage capacity, and 100 vs 1000 base ethernet.

What I don't get is the product concept. Why would I spend so much money on a file transfer server that does some encryption? Why would I spend more money on a 1000 base T version if I'm primarily sending files to people outside my facility? 100 baseT is way faster that any Cable or DSL upload transfer rate that I know of. If I'm moving files from within my own facility from computer to computer then this products feature set seems very anemic for a LAN server.

This product doesn't seem to know if it wants to be a WAN or LAN server, or at least I can't tell what it primary purpose is. It also seems to have very limited functionality particularily for its price.

That's why I'm curious if anyone has purchased this product and is using it. I'd like to know why you found this to be a needed product for your business. Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't get it.

Thanks