View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:11 AM

Default S6 monitor switching with Gefen

This questions is more Mac related than S6 related, but I'm hoping someone on here has run into this and found a solution. I've Googled this to death and no answers.

I just got a Gefen 2x1 DisplayPort KVM Switcher (EXT-DPKVM-24) to switch between two systems via the S6. As it relates to the S6, everything is fine.

The main system uses two screens and the second system only uses one. My problem is when the KVM switches the the main screen to the second system, the main system thinks the screen has been turned off, and makes the seconds screen the main screen with menu bar, and takes all of the Pro Tools windows from both screens and collects them together on that second screen. Then if I switch back with the KVM, it takes all of the Pro Tools and Mac windows and moves them to the main screen, leaving the second one empty.

So, is there a way to tell the Mac that the main screen is still connected? Or a setting to tell the MacOS not to consolidate windows together when a screen is 'turned off'?
AJA Kona LHi, Sync HD
www.ToolshedAudioPost.com
www.TheToolshedStudio.com
Certified for Dolby Atmos Home Entertainment