View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools and Roland TD-6V MIDI Recording Basics - HELP!!

+1 for using ezdrummer(or similar). Once I heard that, I never use the audio from my TD-10 kit again(except for some special sound from the Roland brain). Can't speak for the TD6, but the TD-10 midi into an instrument track(stereo) with ezdrummer or Superior Drummer inserted, plays all the drum/cymbal sounds very nicely with only 2 hitches. Grabbing a cymbal pad does not choke(but you can drag the midi note on the piano roll and move it to the same cymbal sound with a choke. The other hitch is the side stick doesn't happen(my solution is to simply play the snare and then grab the notes(again on the piano roll) and drag them to the side stick sound(I think its one up from the regular snare note). As said before, to record the TD6 sounds, you will need 2 audio cables and 2 midi cables. You may find it easier to disconnect the return midi cable so you don't get double-triggering. Once your midi track is recorded(and you want to edit the midi) just plug the cable back in, or change the midi track output.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave