View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: A Logic front issues thread

Quote:

You don't need to "record enable" a track in Logic Pro to write automation.
You only have to enable "Track automation" within the "View" menu in Arrange. Now you can choose the desired
automation mode and are able to write automation.

Regarding 2):

This is clumsy in Logic Pro, I do agree. But I am working mainly with Song Templates, so I rarely have to generate
new tracks. If I have to, I am using "Create multiple .." within the "Track" menu in Arrange. Manually linking needed split stereo
tracks isn't that complicated then.

Best,
M.K.BEAT

Actually, you don't even have to enable 'Track Automation' - this is just if you want to see the automation on the track. All you need to record automation is put the track into the proper automation mode (write, latch, touch, etc.). To do so, click in the horizontal box directly above the fader and select the proper automation mode.

As for the 'linked' or 'stereo' track issue - it's actually not difficult to keep tracks 'stereo linked'. Just make sure that 'Universal Track Mode' is enabled in Audio Hardware and Drivers (you can select it for DTDM, but not for DAE - this is normal). Then, make sure your track is in stereo mode (the 'linked circles' directly under the meter for the track).