View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Touch Bar on new Mac Book Pros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
The touch bar MacbookPros have 4 USB3 ports (1-Power Charger, 2-Interface, 3-iLok, 4-midi kb) no hub required. But you'll need up to three adapter dongles. Didn't the previous Macbook pro also only have 4 USB ports? My 2011 MBP only has 2 USB ports. I do wish they came up with some magsafe connector for USB3 however.
It's actually likely easier to hang a hub off one USB-C port and attach the iLok and MIDI keyboard and interface to that than have multiple separate USB-C dongles. Performance will likely be just fine.

USB-C magsafe, wot like this? https://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Break.../dp/B01CQTK6GU

The stupid frigging touch bar. Such an awful thing, as a heavy user of the vi text editor, I tried out one of he new MBP for a while but I really hate the touch Esc key. And think the whole touch bar is a useless gimmick. The whole mechanical keyboard feels awful, another thing from Apple just getting worse over the years, oh well I'd just use an external keyboard for most stuff. I will be disappointed if Avid waste anytime on supporting the touch bar. They have much more useful things to do like fix bugs.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-07-2016 at 09:38 PM.