View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 07:05 PM

Default Re: I don't think I like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzerboy View Post
I was reading in the FAQ and it said if you let your subscription run out you can't use your pro tools? WHAT the hell I have had Pro tools since 6 and paid for upgrades thru the years and now a subscription. God damn I am just some home user come on with this ********. Is there something comparable to pro tools that will work on the digi 003 with the aax plug ins? Right now I cant keep up with the waves plan how in the hell am I going to keep up on a subscription to pro tools. This is looking like the last straw,,, I feel like this is pro tools Obama care WTF...
Don't confuse the SUBSCRIPTION with the SUPPORT PLAN.

With the Subscription, yes, when it's over you no longer have access to Pro Tools.

BUT, the Support Plan gives you a PERPETUAL license. Meaning that even if you choose to let it expire after a year, you still own your license and you can continue to use it forever.

If you want to upgrade later, then you can use the Subscription or repurchase a new perpetual license.

So, in real world terms....

If you have Pro Tools 11, you can upgrade to PT12 right now for $199. This gives you a PT10/11/12 license bundle and the Support/Upgrade plan for one year. You will get all updates for PT12 until your Support Plan expires. If you then choose NOT to renew for $199, you WILL STILL be able to use Pro Tools 12 at the latest version you have. Use it forever.

IMHO, this first year upgrade is a good deal for everyone. It's been 2 years since 11 was released, the upgrade would have been $199 anyway.... And you will receive a perpetual license just as before. We just have to wait and see how the first year goes before we can decide if it's worth it for the second year. But this upgrade is worth it IMO.

Hope that explains it better.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio