View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Anyone using SSD for their primary record drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
What this does: http://decimus.net/Synk is detect any changes I make on the SSD drive and immediately makes a copy to a internal HD for me. I never even notice that it's doing the copying. I do this because although the SSDs have been perfectly stable so far, I have no idea if, like a regular HD, you get a warning IF the drive was going to die. For all I know it could just suddenly die with no warning so, I'd have a real time back up ready to go.
Thanks, Ron. I really like the way Synk works. Good concept. I wonder if it's 'erasure'-smart too. Like will it be smart about the 'contents' of the source folder. So if something's removed from the source folder - is it also removed from the target? Then the other question which ALWAYS affects people working with audio files - will every time I do an edit in protools - does that marker still print to the parent file as it did with SoundDesignerII files? Every time you did an edit in ProTools it would place a 'marker' within the parent audio file and the "MODIFIED DATE" would update and Retrospect, a popular backup software, would see the parent audio file as NEW and consider it needing backing up again.. I hope that was only a function of SoundDesignerII files.