View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Is the forum better or worse since the adding of the new mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
No doubt about it. But those contributions don't require moderator status and were never in question in this or the other thread. People are taking issue with the oversteering of threads, not their personal contributions.

Musicman - not every edit has been positive, not from the standpoint of censorship. Far from it. And that's the point. As I mentioned, in the few times I've visited recently I've witnessed quite a lot of sour editing. Worse are the suggestions by moderators that another member's "opinion" is wrong. That's new, coming from persons with the authority to delete content. Too many posts which are even remotely anti-Avid have been getting squashed, and, at times, the author ridiculed. Sorry but that is not a moderator's job and it's not helpful to the zeitgeist of this community.
Care to show where a mod ridiculed a poster? There may have been some times where someone was called out by a mod and got what they deserved. As to calling someone's 'opinion' wrong there are people that state their opinions as fact and sometimes they are flat-out wrong and get called on that. I see no harm in that.

There is a way to post something anti-Avid but unfortunately there are people here who go way over the top when they do so and use the wrong language.

You sound like someone who's been called out by a mod. Maybe it was for a reason, who knows?

QAPLA!