View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Critique and Advice for Mixing and Mastering.

Hey

Welcome to the Avid Forum

I have nothing but good things to say about the mix. If I am nitpicking deep I would maybe loose up on the widener plugin and also add a bit more Glue on the Master like a SSL Bus Compressor or the likeness just to tighten up everything a tad more. Thats IMHO of course and I think you will get several suggestions from members here that will differ from my thoughts which is a good thing so there are more than one opinion to try out!

We use our SSL4056G+ 56 channel console for these things but when I produce at my home setup and not in our big studio I use UAD-2 plugins mostly aswell as Slate everything bundle and some older waves and of course Soundtoys and a few other one shot developer offerings but I always use Console 1 mk2 compressor and eq on all tracks set up like our SSL mixer for familiarity and always on the master aux I put Cytomic The Glue ’ cause it sounds soo damn awesome with rap and poptunes.

Except for those two thoughts I would say Job Very Well Done!! Can’t hear any difference from other artists like Migo’s, Drake, Offset, Travis Scott etc and if I heard that on the radio I wouldn’t be at all thinking that this differ anything from the ”sound” of this style of music!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————