View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Mbox 2 Family - Win10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
Avid won't admit it but their drivers are screwed up with Windows 10!!! That is not an opinion but a fact.. The majority is having issues with their drivers with Windows 10.

Things you say is happening actually happens with my C400, the sample rate gets locked at 44.1 and it cannot be changed or the USB portion shuts off even though in the mixer panel of the C400 it shows to be connected. So I have to unplug and plug the USB back in. I have ALL my USB set to not shut down withing windows from the Device Manager.

I think they, Avid, purposely is doing an "apple" thing by purposely rigging their drivers to for users to "upgrade" their sound card. I guess its time to purchase a Focusrite. I've been using M-Audio / Avid stuff for years but its time to move on.

Trust me I am a geek when it comes to PCs and Mac, i.e Windows and OS X, and this is a driver issue not Windows because it only happens with the C400, no other USB does this.
1-FWIW, I have 2 Windows 10 machines with Mbox 2 Pro that work flawlessly
2-Windows users NEED to set Windows to NOT use the interface as its default playback device.
3-I hate M-Audio hardware

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave