View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 AM

Default Re: best Pro tools 10 plugins

My recent experience has been a little different than some here. I have been a “Waves” user for over a decade and until recently, I wouldn’t touch stock plug-ins. But with the decision by Waves, not to support AAX DSP, I have done some rethinking and experimenting.

I have found the new Avid “Channel Strip” plug-in to be a very good go-to PI. For algo reverb, I have also been very impressed with “Revibe”, and even “Reverb One” for some things. Slates “VCC” is indispensable, and I love the way it sounds when combined with “HEAT” (or Phoenix).

We still need a good DSP convolution reverb and I’m hoping “Liquid Sonics” ports “Reverberate” to fill this gap. This is an excellent choice as RTAS already.

The smaller companies that are committing to AAX DSP are the ones focusing the hardest on Pro Tools compatibility, so I feel we should support them, even if we are using Native systems.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com