View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 05:55 PM

Default McDSP REMOVING plugins from bundle!!!

I was shocked to get a reply from McDSP today when I asked them for clarification regarding an upgrade to their Emerald bundle.

"If you upgrade by March 31, you will also get a free Channel G Surround license so that you do not lose the surround you are used to. We are offering the free license for a limited time, so please upgrade your Emerald Pack right away."

It turns out that if i don't want to lose the Channel G Surround plugin I already own i have to upgrade to their new Emerald Pack 4 by the 31st March!!
It seems they have made the Channel G Surround plugin a separate plugin and are going to penalise their loyal customers by making them pay to own something they already paid for.
It has always been part of the Channel G bundle so I don't see how they can exclude it in the future? Surely if they advertised it as being included when you bought it, it should remain available to you?
I have complained to them about this. It seems an extremely stupid policy to me. All it does is stop me from ever upgrading! I feel it might be time to look elsewhere for plugins in the future if they are going to pull stunts like this. FFS

Mr Massey..thank God for you!
People be warned!!!!!
Intel 2700k 3.8ghz
16GB Crucial Ram