View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Replacement for old TDM plugs?

For me I think Avid is just failing all over the place in their transitions. Who did they ask when they started the transitions? If it wasn't for pro users, they would never exist. Why are they not allowing a wrapper be written by a 3rd party? What harm does it do? If anything, it helps more people upgrade.

I'm just in a real bad funk with the set up. Because of the terrible latency in HDX with plugs that are not written for DSP and only Native, I am forced to stay in HD3. Which means I'm stuck in PT 10. Which means I am stuck on MacOS 10.8.5. Which means the new Spectrasonics Keys app wont work, as it wont work on that older OS. Same with Native Instruments Komplete ...

I have money to buy a new MacPro, but I am patiently waiting for Apple to get off their a.. and release a new MacPro. (anyone know of a good chassis that can hold the HDX card with a thunderbolt connection?)

It's just so frustrating.. All these people are working against one another:
Avid
Apple
Software companies
Hardware companies

Don;t they realize they ALL will make more money and sell more if they work together tighter and release things within weeks of one another and not years?

I do appreciate all your valued input, as I am a old user.. I started when session 8 was around.. and pro tools free..