Thread: Error -9093
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Error -9093

Pro Tool Error 9093, etc. .

Long story short, my son has told me that to check a LOOP with many stressful plugins has to run for several hours. Well, from now on he does that with 32 samples. As?

Research has shown that it causes latency that Pro Tools cannot handle. What is more obvious than trying to throttle performance and keep it constant?

First the CPU Core Ratio should be set to sync all cores. If you use memory chips with for example 2400 MHz clocks you take 2133 MHz (the clock MUST set under BIOS!). Turn off Speed Step, Turbo Mode, Core C-State, and Speed Shift, and set System Performance to Balance. Turn off Hyper Threading, turn off Max CPU Value Limit, etc. (deaktivate the whole performance and power management of the CPU. Do NOT overclock!). These BIOS settings have made it possible to play everything with 32 samples (dynamic plugin deactivated). For hours. It seams the memory chips are the problem (HD Native PCIe (also HDX) get the clock from the mainboard (wordclock) and DRAM works by it's own!!! When it becomes asyncron you have the CPU affinity)!

PS: You have to be patient at startup (delayed startup of services)

System: Asus Prime X299
Cpu: i7 (8 cores, 3,6 GHz)
Mem: 32 GB
HD Native PCIe
HDD: 2 TB SSD Crucial

Problem solved! No more CPU affinity! Playing more than 24 Hours with lowest Samples possible and mixing for more than 4 Hours with lowest Samples possible.

NO ERRORS!

Issues: NO Issues!

Best regards from Austria

BIOS settings NOT COMMON to you, let it be!! Wrong settings can rise in costs!!

Last edited by werus; 08-07-2019 at 09:15 PM.