View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 03:50 PM

Default Re: What happens if I DON'T upgrade to PT11 before December 31st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Very carefully read the offer, including the price part.

Now, you do realize that the offer includes both a description of what you get, and a price for it, right?

If Avid changes "what you get", is it the same offer? Hint...NO!

If Avid changes the price, is it the same offer? Hint...NO!

Do I know for an absolute fact that the crossgrade will still be available on or after 01/01/2015, but with a different price? Nope.

But based on a whole lot of other stuff that is on here, when accurately read and comprehended, there is a least some possibility that you might still be able to upgrade, but at a higher price...you know, a different offer...
And all of the above refers to "LE, EXPRESS, M-POWERED OR MP". I thought the original poster had PT 10 and asked about that, not those versions.

At the end of the licensing page section you refer to you'll find a link to an Avid blog post. In that post there's a chart describing the prices for the support plan. Right above the chart it says
Quote:
To encourage you to get on the Avid MediaCentral platform with Pro Tools | Software, we are offering upgrade/crossgrades to Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools HD 11 at very attractive prices with major savings over previous offerings (all prices are US$) – available now:

The new simplified upgrade/crossgrade pricing of $199 and $599 for HD offers substantial savings to most upgrade customers.
Nothing about a time limit yet. When you look at the chart which then includes the crossgrade offers from the aforementioned versions you'll see an asterisk next to them. Below is the text that goes with that asterisk:

Quote:
* LE, MP, EX upgrade offer of $199 extends to activation of this upgrade by Dec 31st 2014, after this date upgrade terms may change
So now we can see exactly what you mentioned, the Dec 31st offer time limit applied to those specific versions, and not the other ones (i.e. PT 9/10).

And as before, separated clearly from any talk about pricing, a note about the special offer to extend the support plan through March 2016 if activated before Dec 31st this year.