View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Should I update? PT 11 vs 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Do you have a floppy drive in your system? Or does windows think you have even if you don't.... remove/disable in the BIOS. This was a well known issue causing frequent pauses on Windows.
Wow…

Thank you so much, Darryl... Your single suggestion, of all the things I’ve heard, all the research I have done, has pretty much eradicated the difficulties I was having with PT 11. Zap… Gone! Who would’ve thunk! No more waiting for five seconds upon activating record… No more computer freezes for five seconds about every two minutes… Seemingly, a thing of the past! Thank you!

Well… The biggest reason I would consider either updating my computer or updating PT is that this will be the only time I could reasonably do it. With everything working well now, I’m hesitant.

As for plug-ins… There are new Waves plug-ins that look interesting and useful, but their customer service reps “do not believe” their newer plug-ins will work on a PT 11 system. He was not willing to commit to that declaration, though. I am on Waves version 9.6.

Anybody running newer series of Waves plug-ins on older PT systems with any success?