View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Certainly not the first to say this, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashville View Post
Yes to this ↑ ↑ ↑ --

I've also wondered, in spite of my initial "whatever" reaction to the new cloud features, that down the road I'll wonder how I could have lived without them. I already have a client with his own system; and depending on our schedules or commute plans (he lives a 2-hour train ride away from me), we sometimes work in my room, and sometimes in his. So we're constantly drop-boxing complete sessions to each other, we have a certain set of plug-ins that we limit ourselves to, etc., so that both our setups can open all the sessions. So the new features could really hold promise for us, once we delve into them.
Aaah, ok, so 'Avid-box' is going to be much better than dropbox, I get the concept. But ....

Have you any idea what the cost per mb/gb is going to be?

Do you imagine all that data transfer and storage is going to be free with the price of a $199 per annum support plan?

The two hour train ride and price of the ticket may be cheaper! There has been no information forthcoming on these costs yet. Be careful what you wish for.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)