View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Summer NAMM's coming up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I would not be surprised if nothing "new" was announced.

So much new stuff has been released in the past year and a half or so, I dont know how they could of had time to release even more new stuff so soon.

Sure, i would not mind seeing an 004 or even an Eleven Rack Pro, but I dont really expect anything, at least not right now.

But only Avid knows for sure, so we will have to wait and see.
I'm with Benoni on this one. While I personally would love to see something new on the 11R front, whether it be a a firmware upgrade or a new unit with you beaut specs - the whole Axe FXII fiacso has left that company right for trouncing. And there would never be a better time than right *now*!!! The Axe FXII isn't even going to touch down in Australia until late August!!! So an announcement *now* would pull almost all the wind out of Fractal's sail. And certainly get people speaking a helluva lot!

But, I can't see Avid announcing anything at Summer NAMM. I was reading up on the Summer NAMM and it looks like it is boycotted by some of the larger manufacturers. They do their spiel at Winter NAMM and then run of to Musikmesse in Europe and repeat their spiel for the European audiences a couple of months later.

But then again Avid has proved me wrong in the past - and would love to be proved wrong again .

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP