View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Building for an 10HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDobby View Post
Darryl,

Thanks for your response. As far as the Omni, I was told that I needed it for monitor control for the HD system and I couldn't use my current apogee duet or UA Apollo Quad firewire. And Yes my Apollo Quad has ADAT/SMUX in and out.

A friend has a 96 I/O he doesn't use and I saw 192 that is Configured for 8ch
analog in/out, 16ch digital in/out. To be honest Im embarrassed to say that i'm learning what all of that means. All I know that when ever i have mixed and recorded at a bigger studio with HD the sound quality was a lot better! Albeit they had other units in the mix as well!

What I am trying to achieve is a HD system for home mixing and recording. The most I will record live would be 16 tracks at home. This setup is more to complete the mix that is recorded anywhere.

Lastly, I know that Protools 10 HD is the highest I can go with this system which is fine for the time being! In regards to PCIe Cards I have a Core Card and 2 Accel cards.
The highest you can go with what system? The one in your sig file? It looks like you're running El Crapitan which will not properly run PT10. The last viable OSX to run PT10 was OSX 10.9.5 even though the one lone issue is the PT uninstaller won't work.

You don't need an Omni if all you're using it for is monitor control. There are other less expensive units to use.

QAPLA!