View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 01:03 PM

Default Re: no sound from Scarlett 2i2

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo71 View Post
I'm getting the blue Windows screen without PT running by simply trying to do a Windows sound test. I've tried running everything (put and iTunes) with Kaspersky disabled and no difference.
PT version 12.6.1. I'm using the latest Scarlett 2i2 driver for Windows 10 from Focusrite website. I need to do a screen shot but what I do know for sure is I'm in 44.1kHz 512 samples. Playback engine is set to the Focusrite USB.
The audio files are being recorded to and playing off the Glyph. Cache is enabled set to normal.
But I need to stress it's not the PT settings. It's not the Glyph. It's doing this without PT launched. Windows is not using the Scarlett. Only PT. I've fully optimized this computer according to Avid recommendations. I'll try trashing prefs and see how it works creating a new session. But if it's giving me a blue error screen outside of PT, like in iTunes, I'm not understanding
What is a "blue error screen"? You mean the entire computer is crashing with a blue screen/blue screen of death (BSOD)? When did this start happening? What exactly do you need to do to make that happen? What exactly do you see on the screen. What shows up in Windows Event Viewer for the times this happens? (or in the Windows Reliability Monitor, same stuff). Copy and paste the text of intersting stuff there here.

More clarity/precision would help here..., e.g. not "installed latest", go into the device manager and tell us the exact version of the driver shown there.

When you say "Windows is not using the Scarlett" what do you mean? Is it not being used to make sound at that time, what is the Windows audio device actually set to. What audio device is iTunes trying to use when the system has a BSOD?

Drivers are always suspects in BSOD, event viewer info will help. but you may need to uninstall the 2i2 drivers and see if you can get other apps stable using the Windows audio devices.

Cache = "normal" means disabled, which I had meant to clarify earlier but misstyped standard for normal. Not going to help you with a BSOD but.

If you are getting BSOD and have other problems. you may have a full clean Windows install in your future. If you do that, don't install any AV crapware, or hardware vendor's "value-add" crapware, and only install as few drivers needed to use the system, selecting hem all manually, don't let Windows do this for you (e.g. graphics drivers iLok and 2i2 drivers) and see if Pro Tools will work before installing anything else. It may be a good ide to just grab a spare drive or partition and do that install as a test, being careful not to trash your current bootable partition.