View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Manual Delay Comp Problem (solved?!)

Well I think I found it - this is from the help file ...

Compensate for Delays After Record Pass (Pro Tools HD Only)

Pro Tools provide two options for compensating for input and output latency (due to ADC and DAC) after recording.

Compensation for Input Delays After Record Pass

When enabled, this option provides automatic compensation for any analog or digital input delay with Pro Tools|HD interfaces. Enable this option for all recording situations. When recording from a digital source, both the Compensation for Input Delays After Record Pass and the Compensation for Output Delays After Record Pass options must be enabled.

The Compensation for Input Delays After Record Pass option is only available in the Input page of the I/O Setup.

Compensation for Output Delays After Record Pass

When enabled, this option provides automatic compensation for any analog or digital output delay with Pro Tools|HD audio interfaces. Enable this option when you are synchronized to an external clock source. When recording from a digital source, both the Compensation for Input Delays After Record Pass and the Compensation for Output Delays After Record Pass options must be enabled.

The Compensation for Output Delays After Record Pass option is only available in the Output page of the I/O Setup.

Seems to be an HD only option - I guess the M and LE systems have it built in and no one else has needed it until now. Looks like nudging is the hack-around for now. Kinda lame.