View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Avid

Default Re: Eucon 3.3 and again, the lack of requested features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
This is copy and pasted from another forum I posted in.

Eucontrol 3.3 and still no feature updates to the Artist Series Controllers. After recently updating to v3.3 I'm saddened that Avid has decided to roll out the VCA spill feature to the S3 controllers only. This has been a feature that has been asked for all over the discussion boards. I'm growing weary of Avid supporting only its newer hardware instead of honoring its existing hardware owner's requests. I understand that the Artist Series controllers are considered "old" by Avid's standards, however, that doesn't mean Avid should stop rolling out new features to these devices. It would be nice to see that Avid actually cares that these units still exist instead of just ignoring the fact that there are probably more Artist series users out there than S3 users. Please Avid, support your legacy hardware as long as it continues to work.

EUCON is a conduit between every Avid control surface in the market and over 40 applications with adapters. Every new product introduction and feature or bug fix has implications across the entire portfolio of EUCON aware software and hardware. It takes time to develop and test, and while we've taken great strides to improve our beta programs and release cadence, inevitably we will miss some things, and not everything everyone wants will make a release. The fact that the products do continue to work, 7 years after their introduction, and continue to be updated and improved, should be indicative of our commitment to these products and our user base.

JC