View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 08:07 PM
Avid

Default Re: 16 Softkeys not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSo View Post
Next point is the pan window. As I`m interested in splitting the pans in stereo tracks for moving each pan separately in the room, there is no knob or softkey on the dock or pt-control for pairing or decouple the pans. I always have to do this by selecting the pan device on the track in protools when I want to change the way it works (and vice versa).
There are some other options missing from the PT panner in PT control too.
What version of PT are you running as the Stereo Linking was added to the knobset a few versions ago
Quote:
Another point in my setup is the transport control possibility of the artist mix. As I´m using the shift key a lot on my dock, the solo and mute keys 5-8 of the Mix are very often in transport mode. That makes it really confusing, when I try to solo or mute a track on my Mix. Suddenly I´m at the beginning of the session or it starts to play without my willing. That would be a great feature in EU-Control to prevent Artist Mix Solo and Mute Knobs going into this mode by pressing the shift key.
Good idea Noted!
Quote:
Also I would appreciate to have larger fields for changing Mixer, Tracks, Channel and Soft Keys. Maybe it´s just a little sticky with the iPad mini, but in comparison to most other soft keys they are quiet small (and they are used pretty often by me).
I can see how this would be on the smaller iPad, not sure how easy it would be to enlarge the target space around the words but I'll ask
Quote:
Two things about the EQ control.
I miss the possibility to have fine tuning by pressing the control key. In former PT-control versions it was the only way to have the knobs on the dock reasonable working with the EQ. Now, that the knobs working much better, this feature seems to be gone. But without it, I can´t adjust every frequency I want. I have to go back to the Plug In in PT and do it there.
If you are running at least PT 12.7 and EuControl v3.6.1 you have finer control than any other surface previously. There's another thread on this where I proved it.