View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Waverider V2 - just tried it.

It is very cool, but does take some tweaking to get the settings right. It can ride the fader quite fast on transients! Good idea to slide the automation up a bit after making a pass.

Only project I used it on I used it post compression, which left the hottest regions (didnt have clip gain yet) a little squashed compared to the more natural fader riding of the rest. Next time I would like to try it pre compression and with clip gain level matching the regions first. I havent messed with it enough to figure out exactly what the target ratio is changing. Can anyone clear this up?

Also, when the manual mentions setting the target level the talk about LKFS, but they don't specifically say thats what the target levels are LKFS. I'd be curious to know from someone who has a loudness meter handy if the traget level you shoot for matches the measures LKFS loudness.

Pro Tools 10.3.9 HDN | HD Omni | Digi Command 8 | Artist Transport | Digi Surround Panner | Blackmagic Intensity Pro | JBL LSR4328 5.1
2.26GHz 8 Core Nehelam 8GB Ram OSX 10.8.5