View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 02:36 PM

Default Too Many Slots on TDM2 Bus

Hi, I'm working regularly on a client's Pro Tools rig, a Mac Pro 5,1 H/D 6 system with a magma expansion chassis, and PT 9.

It generally runs trouble free, with the exception that any time we try to change the sample rate we get error messages on launching Pro Tools - Normally "Too Many Slots on TDM2 Bus" and then quits PT-

The system has a drawer external word clock, so the sample rate has to be manually changed on this. I've tried changing the sample rate on the Audio/midi setup app (it does show the target sample rate as an option, but does not retain this setting if I close and re-open the app) and I've tried launching the HD set up app and changing the sample rate there - it generally just shows the current sample rate with no option to change to the new sample rate(all other sample rates greyed out), even though I have changed the sr of the external word clock already.

So, sometimes the system just needs a restart, sometimes the new sample rate does become available in the HD control panel/set up app, but I've never been able to pin down a reliable routine to change the SR so that PT will launch. It just seems to take a random number of restarts.

Today however, I have tried everything, restarted at least 15 times, tried repeatedly to change the sample rate in the two apps above - to no avail. It will simply not return to 96k, so I'm stuck.

Is this familiar to anyone? Does anyone have any ideas what I might try next?

Many thanks

Dan

Mac pro 5,1 - Mac OS X 10.6 (can't remember which revision, but it is the most up to date version of Snow Leopard) PTHD 9.0.3, Magma expansion chassis with 6 HD/TDM cards