View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Would either of these be ok for a record/playback session drive

Yup the external drive is for the new MBP, actually I thought avid had info on this on their site where I’m sure I have read about external drives and requirements but I couldn’t relocate the informatiom a first read even after poking around in the compatibility pages.....Now I hear what you say as I have heard it before and this maybe the case great!!!

But there are a couple of reasons I want to use an external..... the PT ref manual still seems to support this idea, and as I have spent the last couple of months working through the PT ref manual plus researching through a variety of mediums, even Cubase folks seem to go along with the idea once you starting recording multiple tracks upwards of 16 it’s best to use an external drive to record to. I have a semi project/professional studio which I’m kinda trying to take a lil more professional. I have a job coming up soon which will involve 24 to possibly 29 live inputs and would hate to turn up and have this as a problem. So that is my main reason.

I will have a look at the links you have supplied, are they better than what I have linked to that I can get locally?

Thanks for your reply mate
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————