View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Surround Audio Interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What are you talking about exactly? Monitor controllers or interfaces? Dangerous and Coleman make monitor controllers, not interfaces. What exact products are you talking about? We cannot guess what options you have in your mixer now or how you are getting signals into/out of it with Pro Tools. What is your playback engine set to in Pro Tools today?. That is the "interface".

I also have no idea why this us posted in an artist series forum section. Maybe a moderator can move it,
Well, it would appear that I am talking about Monitor Controllers. My desk is currently filling both functions (audio interface with my PC for the front end and, the now corrected term, Monitor Controller at the back end). To me, it's all the same audio interface in and audio interface out. But I can see how my phrasing might have been confusing.

I did mention that the entire point of my post was to get information on that specific hardware, hence my statement
Quote:
I'm just starting my research on surround audio interfaces. So, many things obvious to you are not obvious to me at this point.
If i go ITB, there will be all kinds of things, that I now take for granted that will have to be replaced by some apparatus or other and that's what I'm trying to find out now.

I posted here because I'm using an Artist MC Control & Transport. Most of the guys here are using these units along with several Mix units. So the likelyhood that they are running ITB riggs is significantly greater than, say Gearlslutz. So that's why I'm asking here. As to my rigg, I've been posting here long enough for most viewers to know that I work on the Nuendo/PC Platform. But I'll repeat it for you.

My Rigg:
Nuendo 1 - 7 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control & Transport | Xkeys | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |