View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 02:53 PM

Default Re: I am having a problem with recording with my set-up.

Hello Everyone,

Iam happy to say that I have got one of the computers back up and running beautifully, so far. It is a self built Core 2 Quad 3.0 G processor, 8 Gb of Ram, a WD Raptor 180 Gb drive, Seagate 250Gb 7.2 K rpm Barracuda drive and the new WD 500 Gb 7.2 K rpmBlack Preformance drive. This drive seems to have made all the difference in the performance of this machine.

Before installing and setting up the drive, I could barely get anything to run on Pro Tools. Now, Ihave been able to get my X-32 to work with it as it always should have when I got it. Because I could never get anything to run before this I did not know if I had done something wrong, there was something wrong with the programing or an equipment problem. Unfortunately, I was looking in completely the wrong area for about 16 months. It just shows I should have come here a lot sooner, heh?

As for my Mac Book Pro, I am going to have to wait for a couple weeks to get it up and running. I am going to get a SATA to USB adapter, find a cloning program and do it that way. It seems to be the only true choice for this problem. but more on that when I get and use it.

Once again thanks for all the help and the end is in sight ... well at least I can meet my obligations I have to do and get some more work in.

Till I the piece in to work on the MBP, all I can say is have some fun outthere today, you most likely deserve some and besides you know I will be trying, too ...

CTG