View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Ultimate 3rd Party Interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
I'm so great I work with artists that you dream about before they even get on the radio.

And I use avid interfaces. The evil hobos might persuade but they lie.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Well said, arche3! Well said, indeed!

Not hating Apollo, or RME, or any of the other good ones, really, btw. I am sure our esteemed colleagues have produced real good-sounding stuff in many different ways.

But the "compensate after record pass" thing is honestly something to think about, especially now with AVID interfaces sounding really good, and especially before spending a small fortune on esoteric converters that may not even be as good, never mind better.

If you are doing a lot of overdubs / punches and stuff, the fact that the software keeps lining all that up for you on every pass when you use the AVID boxes is pretty essential.

Think about it. When we were using 24-track machines with sel-sink, it was a given the the tracks and punches would be lined up to an rch factor.

For all the wonderfulness of digital audio, latency seems like it will forever be lurking around looking for any chance to make things weird that weren't weird before. P*sses me off. And I'm pretty sure that evil hobos have something to do with it. Its just hard to prove because they are so sneaky.

Best,

mightduck