View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 08:36 PM

Default Re: First steps with MTRX Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Checking the "Operation Manual", which is actually fairly difficult to find, the "Line" outputs go up to +18dBu, but the "Monitor" outputs go up to +24dBu.

Since there's no dedicated physical analog I/O for "Monitor Outputs", then I think this is just a setting in DADMan? Seems like a strange way to go. Why not just make the Line Level outputs switchable between Line and Speaker level ranges, like the Omni? I am definitely considering the MTRX Studio for an upcoming Atmos room, so I am curious.

I'm not super familiar with DADMan, but could you just dedicate the outputs you want to be line outs and at +24dBu as a separate monitor profile and use those with the monitor volume all the way up if you needed to connect outboard? I guess that wouldn't allow for +24dBu hardware inserts. Also, I don't know if you can have more than one monitor profile firing at the same time, and whether this would interrupt your main monitoring.

Wow, that's funny because I also found it difficult to locate when the MTRX and other interfaces are located on their product page. Also, it seems nobody knows how to attach a link into a post so it's posted below (I find it interesting how in a previous thread people were saying that specs are no big deal......Lol)

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFil...uide_5.4.1.pdf

Where does it convey that this is switchable....? I need verification not someone just posting it present. You would think if one is getting ready to purchase a $5k unit from a company they would spend time and money to include. Even the Steinberg AXR4 output is only +18dbu ......

Maximum input levelAdjustable from 9 dBu to 24 dBu in steps of 0.1 dB

Max output level LineAdjustable from –66 dBu to 18 dBu in steps of 0.1 dB

Max output level MonitorAdjustable from –60 dBu to 24 dBu in steps of 0.1 dB

Last edited by corp; 04-20-2020 at 09:07 PM.