View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 05:49 AM

Default Re: ssd in drive sled or on pcie card - MacPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
So try those. In the last example you obviously need to replace "hideme" with the name of your drive you wish to be hidden
Thanks for the amplification on that - wasn't sure as I didn't see a drive name
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
To confirm - you just want the drive icon hidden from your desktop yeah? Do you want the other ext. drive icons visible on the desktop? If not, just do what was mentioned above and then access the drives via a finder window.

Also, I believe the chflags command mentioned will hide them from the finder window as well. Essentially, the drive will be mounted but hidden and therefore inaccessible. Not sure that's the best idea for a system drive.

I used to leave my drive icons on the desktop in the past as well, but then realised I NEVER clicked on them. I always accessed the drives via finder windows. Much cleaner desktop. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes - I just want the system drive icon hidden from the desktop. I don't mind the other drives showing the times I want them showing. There are times I'd rather deal with the drives when they show on the desktop and not the sidebar in a Finder window.

QAPLA!