View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

so im having similar trouble as most people here. ive been using pro tools le 6.7 on my desktop pc, with a lot of latency issues, so i upgraded to a faster and better mac notebook...the macbook, not the pro version tho. its a 2.0 Ghz pentium duo processor and has a gig of ram and is running os x 10.4.6. i installed pt 6.7 and and upgraded to 6.9.2 via the internet download. i got pt to open but i cant save /start a new session b/c neither my mac hd nor my iomega external hd is an audion record drive. so i went into the workspace window and tried to set either drive to audio record. the "V" column both are set to R, but neither one will let me put an R in the "A" column. a message comes up saying that i can not set this drive to audio record because it is not a valid audio volume. i tried all the suggestions on this web site except reformatting, seeing that the mac hd is already set to mac os extended (journaled). i tried repairing permissions. i tried reinstalling and repairing permissions after every download. i even tried restarting between every single install. i tried uninstalling ableton live and reason adapted. so now im at loss. please help. thanks