View Single Post
Old 10-11-2000, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Firewire CD burner

Hi Armando, I just bought the LaCie 8x4x32 Firewire cd burner. So far I'm quite happy with it. I do have some questions however for some of the other people with burners. Can you all actually burn audio cd's from your computers cdrom at the fastest speed? I have only been able to burn pre-recorded cds at a maximum of 6X. That's pretty damn fast so I still have no complaints. I also noticed a little glitch of random audio for a second between 2 songs on one occasion. What is everyone finding to be the ideal settings, ie write speed, cache setting to copy an audio cd? Has anyone else experienced little glitches of audio being printed to your burned cd's from time to time. My burner is brand new and so I would be bummed if this happened on a regular basis.

Also Armando, the best thing I can recommend is to go to the most respected pro audio dealer that is using specific burners / gear with the SAME equipment configuration that you are using. I have found actual computer dealers to be all but useless in terms of them knowing what equipment will work in harmony with systems dedicated to audio. There is just so much potential for incompatibility and conflicts that you need to go somewhere and see the same gear that you have running effectively. Hopefully you don't live far away from a major city where this would be possible. Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Red Wing (edited October 11, 2000).]