View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Solved: Pro Tools First doesn't open projects - MacOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergreen153 View Post
I'm having this exact same problem, except that instead of not being on icloud I'm trying to save my projects onto an external hard drive. My computer is getting old and I don't want to risk it crashing. Do you think I'd have to move the files onto the computer so that I can edit them in pro tools, and then drag them back to the hard drive when I'm done? That would be workable, but I feel like it shouldn't be necessary...
You should just be able to open the sessions directly from the external drive. With that in mind, consider this:
1-you should have all your work backed up to multiple locations, such as 2 separate external drives AND the cloud.
2-if sessions don't run well from your external drive, it may have a very slow drive inside the case(many use 5400 rpm or 5900 rpm drives). This is another good reason to stick with solid state external drives.

Yes, doing backups is boring and tedious, but there are 2 kinds of computer users: those that have had a data loss, and those that WILL have a data loss

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave