View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 10:07 AM

Default Re: legacy PACE License Support crashes Windows 10, couldn't install Pro Tools 11 (RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_rish View Post
I've finally found someone who is going through the same issue as me. (Well, almost)

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I've been trying to run Pro Tools 10 perfectly like it did before on my Windows 7 OS. I did the exact same thing as you, whereby I skipped the installation of the PACE Interlok drivers during the Pro Tools 10 installation, as I wanted to do that separately.

I got ProTools 10 running fine, and I've downloaded the latest iLok drivers, but now I've run into an issue with Pro Tools reading the licences from the iLok.

In order to read those licenses, I NEED to install the Legacy Drivers from PACE, because I need that TPkd.sys file on my OS in order for ProTools to read my licenses...but Windows 10 doesn't trust that TPkd.sys file at all, and Blue Screens me every time I try restart/reboot my system after I've installed the legacy drivers. I've done it this way before on Windows 8 and Pro Tools 10, and it worked...but Windows 10 is not happy.

Any idea on how to solve this conundrum? I'm losing my mind here.
Huh, that's bizarre, I have not run into this problem! All my plugin licenses are working fine (waves v11, melodyne 4, Soundtoys Decapitator, to name a few). Are you using old plugins / licenses? Could this have something to do with that?

I also had the newest version of iLok License Manager installed before installing Pro Tools 11, not sure if that even matters.

Where do you see / how do you know that you need "TPkd.sys" in order for Pro Tools to read your licenses? Does the plugin manufacturer or Pro Tools tell you that? What plugins/licenses are these, are they older ones? Are they cracked?

Does your system blue screen after restart when installing the legacy interlock drivers, or does it crash loop and bring you to the boot recovery menu? These are different errors; a blue screen will give you a more specific error message. The crash loop that happened to me didn't give me any specific error message, just sent me to the boot recovery menu.

These are the first questions that came into my head, let me know and I hope you can figure it out!
Pro Tools 2021.7
UAD Apollo Solo USB