View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 11:27 AM

Default Re: 2018.7 So Far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
WOW, what a *massive* performance improvement on sierra! WOW!

Over 2018.4!

WOW!

It's gone back from trailing cubase and logic in VI playback buffer performance by 30%, to eclipsing them again!

I am not moving off of 2017.7 for a long time... I wish it was the release with folder tracks, but we can't have it all can we....

I use my standardized VI Test of a 16 bar midi file looping over and over again, with the VI and midi track duplicated, to count a maximum of tracks before dropouts. It has to loop at *least* 4 times to be considered a stable result, i.e, 64 bars played.

Using my latest Patchworx and Dune 2 test, PT got 10 in 2018.4, whereas Cubase got 15 and Logic 14.

Now PT is at 16.. I mean that's a massive difference, and all cores are evenly spread out and hitting 90% real cpu each (using istat and activity monitor). The other DAW's can only get real usage to about 79 maybe 80%.. so once again pro tools wins, just like 12.8.1 did.

I am very happy with that.

Thanks Avid. :)
Yep my experience exactly! I’m staying on Sierra 10.12.6. I never had a reason to ever upgrade. All my other apps work just fine on Sierra as well. Why upgrade?