View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Default Re: PT Express - No Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What you are most likely doing wrong is not reading/following the documentation. THAT WAS EASY!

You cannot random-walk you way though this easily, you need to read/understand the documentation. Make sure you have followed all install and systems optimization instructions (almost none of those are obvious to a new user) Follow the documentation and basic beginner examples your documentation provides, especially if that includes tutorials or sample sessions, they are a great way to get started.

A good starting point besides those examples and sample sessions is to create a new Pro Tools session, create a **stereo** **audio** (not instrument, not MIDI, etc.) track (Track>New) and then drag and drop your favorite MP3 or similar audio file onto that track. Get basic play-back working before trying anything more complex like recording audio or playing with virtual instruments.

There are also many great beginner videos on You Tube.

Once you are following the instruction in the documentation and if you then don't understand something or it is not working then come back and ask specific questions, referring to what exact instructions/documentation you are following and provide into on your system etc. as asked for under the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this and every other DUC Web page.

And example info would include what exact make/model headphone plugged into exactly what jack, a description of what audio content you are trying to hear, what all the Solo knobs are set to, whether waveforms show up in the Pro Tools edit windows or whether the Pro Tools meters move, etc. when you press play. We cannot just guess what the hell it is you have and are trying to do....
Ok first, thanks for being a condescending douche bag. That didn't help anyone.
The only documentation it came with was a quick setup guide that shows you how to connect it the proper way. If it was that easy, I wouldn't be posting in this forum. I know I'm plugging it into the right jack because of the big picture of headphones right next to it. The PT express came bundled with the Fast Track Pro. So there wasn't much in the box as far as detailed documentation. I use a macbook pro with OS 10.9 so I know it's compatible and I'm using Skull Candy headphones. Also, I've searched Youtube for help and there really isn't anything helpful, go ahead, look for yourself and send me a link if you find something. Again, I wouldn't have posted in this forum if I haven't done that already. I've even looked on the website to see if there was a user manual to download. So again, this was my last option, knowing I would get this type of response from people that feel it necessary to put down those in need to make themselves feel important in their own little world. If you don't want to be helpful, then stop trolling through posts for people to belittle.