View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 wont initialize ASIO driver for Realtek HD audio device and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikDraw View Post
I think it's more of a general problem with the way PT9 communicates with ASIO drivers. This is very similar to issues that I and other users of the Mackie Onyx 1640i are dealing with. If the settings in the ASIO driver are not exactly what PT9 is set to then it can't communicate. Once PT9 and the ASIO driver are set the same they seem to communicate just fine. Settings for the ASIO driver cannot be successfully adjusted from PT9. It just doesn't work. Other programs have no problems with these same ASIO drivers, so it really seems like a problem with PT9. Maybe PT9 can communicate flawlessly with some ASIO devices, but not all of them.
That may be but in this instance there is no option for 88.2 in this particular onboard card setup utility, 44.1, 48, 96, 192 etc. It apparently can't read it, ASIO4ALL cannot communicate with the onboard hardware and PT9 won't start as a result. I have the same Realtek card and run into the same issue when trying to run at 88.2. Other settings work just fine.