View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 wont initialize ASIO driver for Realtek HD audio device and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireal2112 View Post
I'd really be interested to see if Digi Support could replicate the problem using an ASUS N71Jq which is on their qualified list, and just a model down from my N73Jq. My guess is that the N71 has a slightly different soundcard than the N73 but who knows.

Followed you right into oblivion... My N71JQ doesnt work on the Realtek with ASIO4ALL at 88,200 either.

I got the ASIO4ALL to switch back from 88,200 by connecting back to my 003R and choosing it as the audio engine. PT started normally. I opened a 44.1 session file just to test and closed it. Then I changed the audio engine back to ASIO4ALL in setup > playback engine and then went to setup > hardware > launch setup app which triggers PT9 to tell you that changes require restarting of PT or something to that effect. Closed out, disconnected from the 003R and PT recognized the ASIO driver in standalone. ASIO4ALL recommends in the manual that changes should be initiated from within the audio application.

The issue is apparently with the Realtek drivers. Possibly there is an updated one? Device manager is showing the current one as 6.0.1.5995 in mine. I usually run at 44.1 or 48 but I'd like to get it straightened out. My 003R runs at 88.2 so no problem there unless I have a session I want to edit with the onboard card.